A popular site for birdwatchers Levenhall Links with its variety of habitats from shallow water scrapes, ash lagoon, meadows, woodland and grassland which supports wading birds such as bar-tailed godwit, lapwing, redshank as well as ducks; Common Eider, Velvet Scoter, Red-breasted Merganser, Long-tailed Duck aswell as gulls and terns. Full of wildlife, seals and weasels can be seen here. Spread over 134 hectares, the area was landscaped from land reclaimed from the sea by building a sea wall and from spoil ash from the Cockenzie Power Station.
Levenhall Links was the original location of the The Royal Musselburgh Golf Club before moving to Prestongrange House in 1926.
Musselburgh Racecourse, Morrison’s Haven and Prestongrange Industrial Heritage Museum are close by.
Visited 1485 times, 1 Visit today